Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Unlikely

I am a coward at best and a golden girl at worst
I resound to the thundering tattoo in pitch on my skin
the world has shaped me as so

I never go to battle, I am ethereal as can be
I never win a war, so don't call me to war
Unless you have a reason to loose

I bop my head to the rhythm of the mad
I called myself insane once
but then I realized that I was just weird

I broke it free, then ran for fear of catching it
I never held a butterfly in my hand
For I feared I may crush it

I never spoke too slow for you to understand
I never held your hand enough
You never walked my way again

I guess I get the reasons that we claimed
I 'duced' you and waved us away
We sure were odd, may never have worked

Its freedom that we claimed
I would stand with you
If you but just take me again
I will fight till broken n bored
for that I will fight an eternal war

See my courage, a fine rare jewel now
Amazing huh... sure from your point of view
See us set the pace
See us win this night

Nekh 

No comments:

Post a Comment