Thursday, April 11, 2013

Self Esteem

Today I got a lesson in self esteem. My friend told me that I spend most of my days belittling myself... she said that she wished that i could see myself through her eyes and maybe... I would finally understand my worth. I felt bad. Honestly i had never though about it this much. I spent a lot of my time counting what has gone wrong this week... how much weight have i gained... how many more pimples have emerged on my face this week... how short has my hair gotten lately... how ugly do I feel this week...

I realize that instead of counting my blessings, i spend much of my days counting my friends blessing, to the point where they notice. If there is one thing that i would wish for was that I could start over, more confident in myself, but I cant. But one day, i believe i will, but for now, am done wining. I will look at this here world in a different light. lets see if the vixen in me will shine bright like a gem, rock the shit outta life!

Nekh.

[PS as part of my ten step program to a new me, tomorrow am rocking a short dress n boots an hitting a 'ka -local'. Lets see what happens...]

No comments:

Post a Comment