Monday, January 30, 2017

The Faces of Kenyan Prime Time Media; notice a trend?

Hey,
So I was watching news, prime time news, that's 9PM with my friends, on a Friday night, and I remember telling them that I couldn't remember the last time I saw the news and a light skinned female anchor was not paired with a dark or chocolate skinned male anchor, so we went hunting, flipping stations like we were getting paid for it and... I think there is a trend forming here, check this out...

Note that these photos were taken in the month of August 2015, until 7/9/2015, completely random.



So there are Smriti Vidyarthi and Mark Masai representing  NTV.  Citizen above with the binary, and KTN, K24 and KBC as illustrated below choosing to go with a single anchor. 

P.S. I also think that a majority of Kenyan female news anchors are light skinned, not being bias, I am a cool chocolate and I love it, just saying... 


 What do you think, am I delusional, or is there something here?!
PS. I wrote this a while ago... Thought I should share...

Nekh.



7 comments:

  1. Just from your research above; I beg to differ.i can see Okwara is dark,the KBC one is dark,and them Hussein and Janet,Janet just appears lighter cause of the makeup.
    Aaaaa...To answer your querry- dillusional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gloria exactly my point. Makeup. Beyond that what more can I say. Polarity evident. Its a trend that is very interesting. The pairing. The other single pics were just by the ways. Thanks dear. I appreciate you checking in.

    ReplyDelete